1. What is the purpose of TCP?
>to assign the logical address and encapsulate the request into packets for routing to the destination
2. Which adapter card would be required for a PC to exchange information with other PCs on a LAN?
3. Which type of computer has an integrated mouse?
4. After attaching four PCs to the switch ports, configuring the SSID and setting authentication properties for a small office network, a technician successfully tests the connectivity of all PCs that are connected to the switch and WLAN. A firewall is then configured on the device prior to connecting it to the Internet. What type of network device includes all of the described features?
5. Which installation option should be chosen when the current operating system is too damaged to work properly?
6. A computer joins the network and announces itself to all hosts on the LAN. What type of message does the computer send out?
7. What portion of the destination IP address is used as a packet is routed through the Internet?
8. Which layer in the hierarchical Ethernet design model ensures that traffic between local networks will be allowed?
9. What is the name for the contract between a customer and an ISP that specifies requirements for uptime and service response time?
10. A network technician is required to provide access to the Internet for a large company. What is needed to accomplish this task?
11. A user is not able to connect to the network. A PC technician replaces the network cable that connects the PC to the switch port. The user is now able to connect to the network. Which troubleshooting technique did the technician use?
12. What component of a personal computer is responsible for the processing of all data?
13. Which two transport layer protocols are used to transfer messages between hosts? (Choose two.)
14. Which device is often configured to act as both a DHCP client and a DHCP server?
15. Refer to the exhibit. Which pair of addresses would be appropriate to use for PC1 and PC2 to establish a workgroup using private addresses?
>172.16.4.2 and 172.16.4.3
16. What are two ways that a user can interact with an operating system shell? (Choose two.)
17. A company has a web server that must be accessible to both external and internal clients. Which security policy best practice should be followed to maximize security of the server?
>Keep the web server on the external network.
18. Which wireless component allows wireless clients to gain access to a wired network?
19. Which two statements are characteristics of DHCP services? (Choose two.)
>A DHCP client determines the lease time for using the IP address that is supplied by the DHCP server.
>The DHCP server maps the IP addresses to host names.
20. What is the correct sequence of steps in the encapsulation of TCP/IP data as it passes from a source to a destination host?
A. converts data to bits for transmission
B. packages the data for end to end transport
C. adds the data-link header and trailer
D. adds the network IP address to the header of the packet
21. Refer to the exhibit. Assume that the exhibited output is from a host that is connected to a Linksys integrated router. What is the first thing that should be checked while using a bottom-up troubleshooting approach?
>the link status LED on the front of the router
22. Which firewall resource could include the capability of recognizing and filtering DoS attacks?
>Layer 4 packet filtering
23. Which type of network attack occurs when an unauthorized person tries to persuade a user to share a network user ID and password?
24. Which type of network supports DHCP and DNS services for network users in a network domain?
25. What is the purpose of pop-up blocker software?
>It prevents the display of advertisement windows.
26. What are two best practices that are used when configuring a small home WLAN? (Choose two.)
the use of EAP
the encryption of the SSID
the use of pre-shared keys
the use of open authentication
the disabling of SSID broadcasting
27. What is a service pack?
>a collection of patches and updates released by a vendor
28. Why would a corporate web server be assigned a public IP address instead of a private IP address?
>The public address can be routed on the Internet.
29. When would a LAN switch use flooding to forward a frame?
when the MAC address table is empty
when retransmissions are required after a collision
after all hosts on the network are added to the MAC table
when a frame is received from a port that is connected to a hub
30. Refer to the exhibit. The network is experiencing excessive broadcast traffic from multiple hosts. What can be done to reduce the broadcast traffic that each host receives without compromising connectivity to the corporate servers?
Separate the switches with a router.
Create a separate VLAN for the servers and hosts.
Change from Ethernet switches to FastEthernet switches.
Increase the number of switches to reduce the number of PCs that are connected to each switch.
31. What are two characteristics of a MAC address? (Choose two.)
>It indicates the physical location of the host within the network.
>It is displayed in HEX characters.
32. What is an advantage of purchasing a custom-built computer?
>The user can specify high-performance components to meet specific needs.
33. What are two examples of peripheral input devices? (Choose two.)
34. A home user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?
35. Which protocol in its default configuration downloads e-mail messages to the client computer and deletes them from the server?
36. Which two statements are true about local applications? (Choose two.)
>They are accessed from a remote computer.
>They run on the computer where they are installed.
37. What is the purpose of the ipconfig /release command?
>It forces a client to give up its current IP address.
38. Which attribute must be the same for wireless devices on one network to be able to communicate with devices on a different network?
39. A user has reported a failure to connect to the network. Based on similar calls from other users in the same location, the network technician starts troubleshooting by entering the ipconfig command on the user computer. Which troubleshooting technique is the technician using?
40. Which statement accurately describes what network devices do in the distribution layer of the three layer design model?
They interconnect individual hosts.
They interconnect multiple companies.
They interconnect local network segments.
They interconnect the company network to the ISP.
41. Refer to the graphic. Based on the information that is shown, what statement is true?
>All wireless devices that are connected to this access point must have an assigned SSID of Academy.
42. What wireless technology has the ability to communicate with many devices at the same time, makes use of the 2.4 GHz band, and is limited to low-speed, short-range communications?
43. Which of the following statements best describes DNS?
>DNS servers are used to map a name to an IP address.
44. Refer to the exhibit. An educational institution needs to connect PC systems that use private IP addressing to the Internet. They have multiple systems that need to access the Internet, but were only able to purchase one public IP address. What should be activated on the Linksys integrated router to achieve this goal?
45. What procedure will help prevent users from detecting a wireless network?
Enable MAC filtering.
Disable SSID broadcasts.
Change the default administrator password on the AP.